Yields 1 9" Pie
- 4 cups crumbled Vanilla Maple CocoRoons
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Basil
- 2-15 ounce containers Ricotta Cheese
- 1- ready made Pesto
To Make Crust:
- Combine crushed Coco-Roons with chopped Basil in a food processor with an S-blade
- Pulse until blended
- Divide the mixture evenly into 2 parts and pour each part into a parchment paper lined tart pan.
- With loose fingers, evenly distribute the crust mixture around the tart pan, allowing extra on the edges to form a wall around the tart pan
- Press the crust mixture firmly and evenly in place
- Cover the crusts with plastic wrap and put them in the fridge to set up while preparing the filling
- Slice Tomatoes 1/8 thick place in a colander to drain.
- Spread Nut Cheese evenly on the bottom of the crust. And spread a layer of pesto, or you can mix pesto into Ricotta. Do not spread up the sides.
- Attractively placed the sliced tomatoes on top of the cheese and gently press into place.
- Sprinkle with salt, capers, and top with a drizzle of olive oil.